Transform technology into opportunity as a Systems Engineer (VMware) with ARMA (GDIT). A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Engineer (VMware) you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Systems Engineer joining our team to support USSOCOM.
HOW A SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR SENIOR (VMWARE) WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Operate and sustain the on-going daily operational use of a VMware infrastructure including updating, testing and deploying the vSphere and vCenter product releases.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Manage and Administer physical and virtual servers, primarily Windows and Linux servers
- Support and management of server virtualization, server provisioning, physical server maintenance, security compliance and daily operations
- Manage VMware vSphere, with emphasis on automation, and enterprise storage and backup system administration, installation and on-going maintenance experience.
- Maintain the virtualized server environment via configuration, implementation, management and support activities
- Monitor the virtual server infrastructure environment’s health status, service performance, and utilization
- Apply regular security patches and software update
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures and communicate with impacted constituencies
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- Education: High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of related experience, or Associate’s Degree with 5 years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of experience
- Required Skillset:
- Experience with ESX OS, and VMware vCenter, and 2-4 years virtualization experience
- Design, implementation and sustainment experience in VMware, VDI and similar environments.
- Extensive infrastructure knowledge and hands-on experience with DoD datacenters & infrastructure
- 3+ years of experience deploying and maintaining data center Infrastructure preferably within the DOD.
- 2+ years of experience implementing DOD Security Controls
- Ability to provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Be able to provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Experience working large teams of technical professionals
- Security Clearance Level: TS/SCI
- Required Certification(s):
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Location: On Customer Site
- US Citizenship: Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
4 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degreCertification
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.