LIVING OUR VALUES
All associates are guided by Our Values. Our Values are the unifying foundation of our companies. We strive to ensure that every decision we make and every action we take demonstrates Our Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates lasting benefits for all of our associates, shareholders, and the communities in which we live.
The Sr. ABAP Developer is part of a development team building and supporting enterprise grade software systems. This Developer is involved all phases of the Application Lifecycle, from design to delivery. Demonstrates senior-level leadership skills and experience in software development. Has the ability to mentor others in maintainable development practices and code reviews. Ensures correct capitalization / expense activities of the project team and can provide business insight across multiple domains. This person will demonstrate an ability to manage complex, high-quantity and often contradictory information to effectively solve problems, applies knowledge of the business to advance organizational goals, and comfortably navigates complex policy, people and process-related organizational dynamics.
- Accountable for major technology or common shareable feature across several projects
- Authors, reviews and approves information, requirements and specification to design and develop solutions for domains within multiple enterprise applications
- Architects domain with multiple teams in mind. Creates extensible, shareable code. Can quickly get up to speed on any project or technology. Recognized as an expert and acts within the team as a “go to person”
- Finds and implements strategic innovative solutions
- Recognized leader within the team, expert in most / all business domains used at the company
- Researches new knowledge and collaborates on solutions for multiple projects. Coaches and mentors
- Deploys new approaches to domain optimizations and anticipates domain requirements and business needs
- Has senior / leadership understanding and influence (decision scope) with business customers
- Develops, designs and implements integrated solutions to resolve highly complex technical and business issues
- Solicits ideas from others; recognizes contributions of others
- Identifies measures and milestones for success
- Excellent ability to multi-task assigned duties or projects
- Effectively communicates complex ideas in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing
- Highly organized; able to organize and assimilate large quantities of complex information
- Works under minimal supervision
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements
- Application and Release Support
- Expert knowledge in object oriented principles, SaaS, Web and Cloud Platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsibly receive, transmit, and handle consumer and customer data per applicable policies and procedures
- Review and follow data privacy practices, policies, and guidelines
Education and Experience requirements:
Requires bachelors’ degree from a four year college or university with 8 plus years of experience in Computer Science, MIS, or other business discipline.
- Advanced knowledge of Object Oriented ABAP
- Advanced performance tuning for CDS views and ABAP
- CDS view development including AMDP table functions and virtual elements
- Develop SEGW and CDS view based OData services
- SAP Business Workflow development, including knowledge of workflow exits
- Advanced knowledge of database programming concepts
- Strong knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of best practices and standards for software development
- Ability to learn and customize out of the box applications to fit business needs
- SAPUI5, Business Technology Platform, either BAS or WebIDE
- ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP)
- Manages complexity in order to effectively find solutions and solves problems
- Drives results by consistently achieving completion and closure of tasks, even the face of obstacles and setbacks
- Adaptive personality and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- A problem solving attitude that can adapt to varying timelines
- A strong attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills; promoting healthy relationships and team dynamics
- Strong capability to plan and align work with regards to sense of urgency and priority
- Strong capability to provide Business Insight
- Strong ability to influence organization stakeholders
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS*
Certifications specific to Application Development and Agile areas of focus are a strong advantage.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels.
Travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.
Our Total Rewards package is an integral part of how we recognize our associates’ contributions as well as attract, retain and reward the most qualified employees. We are committed to providing a fair and competitive compensation structure that includes base pay and performance based rewards, where applicable. Compensation is based on various factors including, but not limited to, skill set, experience, qualifications and job-related requirements. Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision along with wellness programs, retirement plans, paid leave and much more!