We are looking for talented and energetic software engineers to help
design and implement the new generation of our provisioning,
inventory, compute, scheduling, and software distribution platforms
that are integral to large parts of our cloud and technology
infrastructure, used by thousands of users across our Engineering
organization. The role will allow you to gain an understanding of
hybrid cloud technologies and concepts as well as understanding the
firm s technology infrastructure. The successful candidate will
participate in all phases of the software development life cycle and
work with extremely bright and motivated individuals, who focus on
object oriented / functional development, algorithms, distributed
systems, and strive for continuous process improvement.
* Participate in design, build out, and maintenance of distributed,
multi-region, multi-tenant, horizontally scalable, resilient, and
firm-wide cloud compute provisioning platforms.
* Collaborate with Platform consumers and the development community at
large to analyze and resolve escalations
* Provide technical guidance and support to clients of the cloud
platform system, gather their requirements, and assess technical
feasibility of their requests. Clients background range from very
technical software engineers, to more functional and business facing
analysts and managers.
* Partner with other engineering teams to understand, evaluate, and
possibly integrate their technology offerings as part of our
* Design and implement mid to large scale systems management software
to automate existing tasks, streamline operational activities, and
* Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given the tools and
opportunities to help you develop your career.
* You will have access to excellent training programs designed to
improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio.
* We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in
the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will
help in your continued professional and personal development.
* Hands-on developer (experience with at least one of
Java/Go/Python/Scala/Erlang), with a good grasp of design principles,
design patterns, and automated testing best practices
* Strong technical skills, analytical mindset, creative, enjoys the
challenge of solving interesting and sometimes difficult technical
* Energetic, self-motivated, can independently manage multiple tasks
* Moderate SQL experience on an enterprise RDBMS database such as
DB2 , Sybase, Oracle, PostgreSQL, etc.
* Experience with NoSQL data stores such as MongoDB and ElasticSearch
will be a plus
* Experience with designing and building distributed, high-throughput,
scalable, resilient systems
* Experience with all stages in the development lifecycle of large
distributed systems: inception, analysis, design, implementation,
* Team player who is eager to work in a global organization
* Commercially focused; understand the requirements and how they will
benefit our clients, stakeholders, and business
* Keen on applying software development, testing, and quality
practices for the team.
* Bachelor s or a higher education degree in Computer Science
* Experience with Cloud platforms (such as Amazon s AWS or Google s
GCE) is a plus
* Experience or at least familiarity to operate in a Unix/Linux
* Experience with distributed NoSQL data stores such as ElasticSearch
or Mongo is a plus
* Experience with consensus algorithms is a plus
* Experience with web servers such as Apache (preferred), Netty and/or
* Experience or at least some familiarity with building RESTful web
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Hands on experience in troubleshooting and debugging application
* Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in a highly available
and mission critical service
* English: Advanced/Fluent
If needed, we can help you with relocation process. Click here for
See more details
To apply for this job please visit recruiterloop.com.