A multi-billion dollar, long-established private hedge fund is looking to hire an experienced Java developer to join an algorithmic trading team in New York City. This newly created position will be required to develop and enhance existing Java-based trading applications, as well as build-out new programs and systems for additional quant strategies. Applicants will also be required to execute equity trades on an as-needed basis.
Applicants should have at least 2-3 years of commercial development experience (with minimum 1-2 years Java experience), demonstrating strong knowledge of enterprise software and architecture. Previous experience trading equities and/or knowledge of equity market structure is not necessary but a plus.
The ideal candidate will be able to illustrate the following:
· Advanced Java programming skills
· Experience in developing software infrastructure and/or tailored software solutions
· Experience implementing advanced algorithms
· Experience with SQL databases
· Basic knowledge of equity trading dynamics
· Experience with Bloomberg API or EMSX a plus
· Advanced MS Excel skills a plus
An appropriate salary and incentive will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and resume. Be assured that all applications will be acknowledged electronically and treated in the strictest confidence.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://recruiterloop.com/137758 →